Monday, April 27, 2009

The Countdown Begins!

In case you didn't see my Saturday post or the note in the Latest Updates on the sidebar...
Just One of the Guys is coming out
May 1st!

I am officially announcing the countdown to launch (5...4...3...2...1), and thanking a new group of people each day. There have been several people involved with this story, and my writing in general, and it would be unfair to leave them unmentioned. I'd never have been able to do it without them. So, in the spirit of the countdown, I bring you:
5!
School Groups and Teachers

Imagine
Creative Writing Club:
particularly Jon, Amanda, and Ms. Halloran.
Jon- you've been listening to me since your first meeting- and correcting my grammar and spelling since your second! I've enjoyed reading your work, just as I have enjoyed sharing my own. Good luck at college- and don't forget to continue your writing in that lab!
Amanda- you may be a more recent addition, but you have been amazing! You are so funny- and thanks for taking my side when Jon got into his English professor mode. Hooray for slang! Keep up with your werewolves- don't let them run you ragged!
Ms. Halloran- I'm going to miss you and our brainstorming sessions next year. Thank you for listening to everything and for providing such a great outlet for students to express themselves. The club meetings have long been a highlight of my week!

Teachers past and present: I have appreciated your guidance and support and I don't have enough words to thank all of you, I want to mention a few by name:
English Teachers- Mrs. Young, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Neese, Ms. Milligan, and Mrs. Richardson
And Also- Mr. Ward (cuz he rocks, and he always wanted me to write about band!)

Stratford Marching Knights: I have greatly enjoyed being a part of this organization. Especially this year- we made state finals! I am going to miss you guys when I leave next year, but I am never going to forget the time I spent with you guys. The extra practices, the snack trips, the shared colds... The list goes on and on, and you can rest assured that Sam and the gang will never experience a dull moment so long as they are marching through their stories!


I am so glad to have met all of you. Your faith that one day I would be published has kept me strong. I am pleased that I have finally achieved that goal- and none of it would have happened but for you guys. Now all we have to do is work on my becoming a bestseller...
=)

On May 1st, get your own copy of Just One of the Guys at quakeme.com

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'll be looking for your story!

    It's always nice to thank the teachers because they play such a big role in our lives.

    Alyssa
    http://www.alyssamontgomery.com
    http://amontgomery99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete