Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yesterday's News

Some of you may have heard my mom (Regan Black) tweeting about it. Others may have gone to her blog and seen her post about it. Now, I'm going to talk about it.

I received the
Sophomore Knight of the Month

February 2009 Award

That's right. I was recommended for this monthly award by my Algebra II teacher based on my grades, behavior, attitude, and other stuff. The award is given to 1 member of each graduating class. My sophomore class contains 474 students. (Brag moment: I'm ranked 5th! Although there are 2 other 5ths that I am aware of...)

Anyways, I got to leave my engineering class (Ugh, my partner and I need as much time as we can get to finish our robot- more on that in the next week or so...) and go to the library for a complimentary breakfast. Yay for blueberry bagels! Mom, Dad, and my brother were all there to my surprise and their sly grins. Still can't believe I let Mom put one over on me...

Okay, up above I have posted pictures of the trophy that my principal gave me. Very nice if I say so myself. They gave me a Knight Pride- Knight of the Month t-shirt. Right size and everything!

I also got enough food coupons that I may not have to pay full price for a meal for at least a month! Free cookies, a free doughnut, and free pizza from different clubs across school. Five dollars off a meal at the mall. A buy 1, get 1 free Sonic Burger coupon. A discount card for Sonic including two 2-for1 Sonic Burgers, a 2-for-1 Extra Long Chili Cheese Coney, a 2-for-1 Shake, a 2-for-1 Sundae, two 99 cent Large Drinks, a 99 cent mozzerella sticks, and others.

Woo-hoo! Discount food! And they wonder at the obesity rates...

The whole thing was a wonderful start to my Friday and my weekend. So, how was your Friday and how is your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that, Iris! That's great! And it is such a great way to start the weekend!

    Alyssa
    www.alyssamontgomery.com

    ReplyDelete